This guide explains the different pieces of the CMS and how to use them.
Access your admin area using the secret route: https://[yourwebsite]/admin
- Add or delete items from the page
- Adding a component/item brings up the relevant text box to collect info for that specific item
- Fill in all relevant info
- Use categories to group
- For local links use “/search” format
Adding to the menu
- Menu items
- Add menu item -> Add new link menu item
- Publish -> arrange where you want it (can make child) -> publish again
- Will need to repeat steps for other languages menu
Localized pages or (aka. Adding a new page)
- Language specific pages (eg. English and Spanish)
- Every page will need both English and Spanish versions.
- Create brand new page
- Give it a title and URL safe permalink
- Currently can just add text
- Once saved you can click localizations button on that page and recreate the page for another language.
- Can’t add components currently, need a way to do this dynamically
- Settings -> Landing page (one for each language)
- Changing one does not change the other
- Edit landing page
- Update title and subtext
- DO NOT change permalink
- You can add/remove components or add raw html
- Don’t forget to repeat steps for Spanish
- Click preview to see changes without publishing
- Save a draft for any working in progress that isn’t ready for publishing
- Publish will make changes to LIVE
- Each site has a configurable landing page
- Add item for each question/answer. You can include links in your content
- Limited space so don’t add too much
- Account numbers and property locations are often different. Should be done before you go live. Search expects a certain format.
- Eg. A weather warning
- Add title
- Alert color
- These will appear for every single page for selected culture.
- Display fees involved with different payment options at time of checkout.
- Should be done before go live.
- Edit as HTML so you don’t lose your payment icons.
Users & User Roles
- To add a new user, simply have the user login to the tax payer portal
- Once they’ve logged in you can find that user in the Users menu of the Admin portal and assign elevated permissions
- User Roles - Below are the standard roles but any number of users can be added/edited under the Roles page in the Security section.
- Administrator - Complete access to the site
- Editor - Allows access to editing of another author's content
- Author - Allows creation of content on the site
- Moderator - Allows viewing content in the admin section
- Contributor - Allows creation and editing of content but is unable to publish it (save only to draft)
- All Spindlemedia users are admins
- This would need to be a joint effort between the tax office and Spindlemedia as not all parts of the site are editable by the tax office
- Located under Configuration
- Uses named bootstrap colors and html color codes (eg. #00FF00)
- Reference Google's Color Picker
- Located under Configuration
- Allows you to set a subtitle for the site name in the header
- Site logo
- Tax assessor's name and phone number can be set to be displayed on the footer
- Tenant ID should be left unedited