Create a Billing in Mass Billing
Modified on: Mon, 24 Jan, 2022 at 4:28 PM
To get started, visit https://YourAgency.smi.tax/MassBilling
1. From the Dashboard, choose Settings, then Billing Types.
Note: You can choose any of the available Billing Types, but in this example, we'll be creating a Supplement Billing.
2. Under Billing Types, click the Details button to view the current settings, or click the Edit button if you need to change any settings.
In the Details view, you can see the different categories of settings, such as Exclusions, Mortgage Companies, Agents, etc. Whether a setting is active or not active will be indicated by "True" or "False" in the Value column.
In the Edit view, use the check boxes to make any needed changes to the settings.
3. When you're done editing, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
4. Now you're ready to create a new mass billing. Click Billing sets and then click the Create New button.
5. Type a name for your new Billing Set and select a Billing Type from the drop-down menu.
6. Click the Create button.
7. Click the Import button under Import Summary.
8. You may leave Start Year and End Year blank, or filter on certain tax years by typing in a starting and ending year. Then select the Tape(s) that you want to import from the list of loaded tapes.
9. Once you've selected the tapes, click the Import button at the bottom of the page.
10. Over the next few minutes, as the data are being imported, the tape(s) you selected will appear here:
Along with three graphical representations:
The Statement Overview shows how many accounts are currently included & excluded from this billing.
The Exclusion Summary represents the nnumber of accounts excluded for each reason.
The Statement Breakdown separates the billing statements between Owners & Agents.
11. To see a detailed list of every account in the Billing Set, click the Account List tab under Import Summary.
Here you will see every account that is included or excluded from the Billing Set, amount due, account number, etc. You also have the option to manually exclude any accounts from the billing before generating the statements.
If you manually exclude any accounts, type a reason for the exclusion and click the Exclude button. Any manual exclusions done here will be reflected in the graphs if you click Back to details in the upper left corner.
12. Once you're satisfied with the details of your billing, you are ready to generate the statements. Begin by clicking Billing Sets on the left.
13. From the Billing Sets menu, locate the Billing Name and click the Statements Button.
14. On the Generate Statements page, select the Run Date. Here you may add a Custom Message or Override Delinquency Date. When you are ready, click Generate.
15. On the Statements page click the Generate Button. While the statements are generating, the status column inside Session Summary will change from "Generating" to "Exporting" to "Complete".
Meanwhile in Overview, the circle graph will change to reflect the status.
And the Statement Breakdown graph represents the number of Paper Statements that have been generated.
16. Click Finalize.
17. Set the Correspondence Date and the Mail Date and click Finalize.
18. Click the Download button to download a zipped folder containing the .DAT file to send to the printing service.
Instructions for Printing Mass Billing Statements In-house
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.