Submitting Statements in SIT is a 3-Step Process that can be launched from several different areas within the site. To start, head to https://agency.smi.tax/SIT
Table of Contents
- Step 1 - Statements
- Step 2 - Payer Info (This step is skipped for zero-due statements)
- Step 3 - Summary
Step 1 - Statements
There are several ways to begin submitting a statement in SIT.
- The Statements tab
- The Dealers tab
- The Dealer Account screen
From the Statements Tab
1. From the SIT dashboard, click the Statements tab at the top of the page
2. On the Statements page, click Submit Statements
3. Notice that you are now on Step 1 of the statement submission process. Start by clicking CREATE STATEMENT to create a new statement or SELECT STATEMENT to select from existing statements.
- New Statements
- In the NEW STATEMENT pop-up window, start typing the dealer name or address, GDN, or tax account number. The system will bring in suggestions based on the info you have entered so far. Select the dealer from the dropdown list.
- The Tax Rate will appear in the bottom left of pop-up
- As you input the MVI, The UPT is automatically calculated for you based on the Tax Rate
- Click ADD STATEMENT to add it to your Submit Statement page.
- Existing Statements
- In the SELECT STATEMENT pop-up window, start typing the dealer name or address, GDN, or tax account number. The system will bring in suggestions based on the info you have entered so far. Select the dealer from the dropdown list.
- Set the date range for the statement(s) you want
- Any matching statements will load into the Statements area.
- Select the desired statements using the checkbox on the left. Then click ADD STATEMENT
Any statement(s) you added will now be listed in the card view under Submit Statement. You can continue creating statements or adding statements to the list, or if you are finished adding statements, you can move to STEP 2 by clicking NEXT. For Zero-Due statements, click SAVE WITHOUT PAYING.
From the Dealers Tab
1. From the SIT dashboard, click the Dealers tab at the top of the page.
2. In the search field, start typing the dealer name or address, GDN, or tax account number. The system will bring in suggestions based on the info you have entered so far. Select the dealer from the dropdown list or click SEARCH and the results will appear on a grid below.
3.Click Submit Statement in the actions column at the far right of the dealer you've selected.
4. Notice that you are now on Step 1 of the statement submission process. Any existing statements will be displayed in the statements section. You can edit them or delete them from the list (this does not delete the statement from the system, just from the current page listing).
5. Continue with steps 3 and 4 above.
From the Dealer Account Screen
1.In the upper right are under Total Due there is a SUBMIT STATEMENT button that will take you to Step 1 of the process.
2. Continue with step 4 above.
Step 2 - Payer Info
1. In the Details section, select a batch from the drop-down menu. If there are no available batches, you can create a batch from here by clicking CREATE BATCH. The batch number is automatically generated.
2. The receipt date should match the postmark date.
1. In the Payment Method section, Click the ADD PAYMENT METHOD button.
2. You can add any combination of Checks and Cash to a payment. Credit Card, eCheck, and Cashier's Check payments are limited to one Payment Method per transaction.
1. Fill out the address info for the payer -or-
2. Choose from your saved addresses by clicking SELECT SAVED ADDRESS.
3. Click NEXT to move to Step 3 - Summary
Step 3 - Summary
1. In the Summary section, check to make sure all of the details are correct.
2. If you need to change anything, click the GO BACK button in the upper left of the page.
1. The statements you selected to submit are listed in card view.
2. Click the arrow at the far right of the card to expand and see more details.
3. You can edit the statement (adjust the postmark date, UPT or MVI, etc) by clicking the pencil icon.
4. Click the OVERRIDE button if you need to override the Late Pay or Late File Penalty.
5. When you're ready, click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to submit the statement. Afterward, you can SUBMIT ANOTHER STATEMENT or click DONE.