When combining 2 accounts, you may need to remove the levy balance from the account. We DO NOT recommend deleting accounts because it removes the paper trail if there are questions. This is a guide on how to edit or remove levy balances. If there are payments against the levy balance, it will create a refund on the account. Transfer the refund to the new account if necessary.
1. Click on Account Values.
2. Click the plus sign to open the Tax Unit Values. Double-click on the correct Tax Unit Value.
3. Click the Edit button.
4. Enter the date the change was to be made in the Certified Date box. Verify the Year and Tax Unit/s are correct. Change the Value to 0 or the correct value.
5. Click the Save button.
6. If there are Land and improvement values, both of them need to be changed. Click the plus sign to open the Value for any Tax Unit.
7. Double-click the Value line for Improvement.
8. Click the Edit button.
9. Verify Certified Date, Year, and Tax Units are correct. Change Value to 0 or the correct amount.
10. Click the Save button.
11. Verify Values have been removed or are correct.
Note: If there is a new account and payments were made, they will need to be transferred to the New Account. For the guide to transferring payments click here.