When combining 2 accounts, you may need to remove the levy balance from the account. We DO NOT recommend deleting accounts because it removes the paper trail if there are questions. This is a guide on how to edit or remove levy balances. If there are payments against the levy balance, it will create a refund on the account. Transfer the refund to the new account if necessary.
1. Click on Account Values.
2. Click the plus sign to open the Tax Unit Values. Double-click on any Tax Unit Value.
3. Click the Edit button.
4. Enter the date the change was to be made as the Certified Date. Verify the Year and Tax Unit/s are correct. Change the Value to 0.
5. Click the Save button.
6. Click the plus sign to open the Value for any Tax Unit.
7. Double-click the Value line for Improvement.
8. Click the Edit button.
9. Verify Certified Date, Year, and Tax Units are correct. Change Value to 0.
10. Click the Save button.
11. Verify Values have been removed.
Remember, if payments were made, they will need to be transferred to the New Account. For the guide to transferring payments click here.