There are several different ways to make payments along with several different scenarios. This article is to demonstrate basic and advanced payments that come in through the counter. We will demonstrate how to Make a Payment from three locations within Tax Office 4.
Location One: Accounts Search Grid:
1. Enter the Tax Account #, Property Location, Owner Name, or Owner Address in the search bar or search for the owner using one of the fields in the Advanced Search section. For this example, we will search by the Owner Name then click SEARCH at the bottom of the screen:
2. This will populate the search grid of all accounts with that search criteria. From the search grid, select the account by clicking in the box (not on the account number link) and click on the MAKE PAYMENT button in the dark blue box at the bottom of the screen: (Note: You can also select multiple accounts from the search grid to MAKE PAYMENT on all at once.)
3. You will be directed to the Payments Screen. From here, OPEN BATCH by clicking on the OPEN BATCH button, if you have not already done so for the day. When the OPEN BATCH box appears, select the Batch Type, Location, Confirm the Batch Date, and add a Description (Optional), then click the SAVE CHANGES button:
4. The batch will now appear in the Payment Batch dropdown. We will now add tender and post the payment. Click on the ADD TENDER box and select the tender type. We will add a check payment. Enter the Check #, Check Amount and review the dark blue box at the bottom to confirm the applied amount, then click the POST PAYMENT button:
6. Once the POST PAYMENT button is clicked, the confirmation box will appear. If the payment is correct, click on CONTINUE:
7. The Receipt will be generated in another tab for printing.
Location Two: Account Details Page:
1. You can access the Account Details by searching the account in the ACCOUNTS search bar and clicking on the account from the drop down, or by clicking on the account number blue link from the search grid.
2. Once in the ACCOUNT DETAILS page, click on the MAKE PAYMENT button.
3. If this is your first payment of the day or you need a different batch type, i.e. Credit Card batch, you will OPEN BATCH as shown above in #3 of this article. Otherwise, the open batch will appear in the Payment Batch dropdown, and you may proceed with posting the payment by following steps 4-7 above:
1. There are several options to select on this screen but, for the purposes of this article, we will leave them set to default. The Print Receipt box will be checked by default. There is also an option to EDIT the REMITTER, add additional tenders and additional remitters, change the Receipt Date and add a comment to appear within the account. (The Comment will not appear on the receipt). Also, on this screen you can Filter the account by clicking on the light blue Filters box to expand the filter options. Your filters will be displayed when the account is expanded. Options to Add Escrow, Add Receivable, Split the Account and Set the Remitter are also available from this screen. The below screenshot shows where all of these options are located on the page:
Location Three - Lists:
Creating Lists in TaxOffice 4 allows you to perform 1 action on several accounts at one time. This includes making payment to several accounts at once.
To create the list, follow the instructions below then once the MAKE PAYMENT button is clicked you can post the payment to the accounts as shown above.
1. From the search grid, highlight multiple accounts by holding Control on your keyboard and clicking on the accounts that you would like to add to the list. Once all accounts have been selected click the MORE ACTIONS dropdown and select Add To List:
2. In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click on the Lists Icon:
3. The selected accounts will be displayed here. You will have an option to delete accounts by clicking on the CLEAR ALL ACCOUNTS button or, by clicking on the red minus sign beside the account to be removed. You can also add accounts to the list by entering the Account # in the ADD ACCOUNT field and clicking on the ADD ACCOUNT BUTTON. Once your list has the necessary accounts in it, click the MAKE PAYMENT button:
4. You will be directed to the Payments screen. All of the accounts from the list will be displayed in the grid at the bottom of the page with an option to expand each account. You may now begin to make adjustments as needed and post the payment.